Monday, I rode Woody. Just enjoyed some smooth cantering and the enjoyable ride of a super-broke horse.
Today, it was back on Lola. I did some ground work, longeing her and keeping pressure on her to get her to lope more easily. She did much better, and was going into the lope with less energy required. I then moved to the round pen and did some more. I then mounted her, and the lope was much easier. Success!
I still need a lot more round pen time with her, as she is not consistently turning in on both sides. And she's still stiff and needs flexing. But she's loping more freely, and that will be something to build on.